Microsoft Project 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Project install

I have been playing with this and can get Project 2007 to install if you tell it to install in a VISTA bottle (it fails in the Windows XP one). It then fails to start. Is there a way to get it to log why?

What did you do to get it to install in a Vista bottle?

When I install in a new bottle, I get "required components missing" (did you start the Office 2007 install, then just pop in the Project CD?).

When I change my existing WinXP bottle to Vista (It has Office 2007 installed), Outlook fails to start.

I simply created a Vista bottle and then did an office 2007 install. It did warn it may be unstable, but I ignored that :)

When it does run it complains about not finding visual c runtime libraries.

So did you install the full Office 2007 in the vista bottle, then install Project in the same bottle?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid0VwNGU3NXBBRnlzTFBzcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9