Microsoft Project 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install works but error on startup

I can successfully install but get an error "Microsoft Office Project has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application

I managed to install it in a windows XP bottle in a similar way than Visio 2007 (see visio 2007 topic that requires installing other packages first) but i still get the same error " Microsoft Office Project has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application".
Any idea from anyone???

David LM wrote:

I managed to install it in a windows XP bottle in a similar way than
Visio 2007 (see visio 2007 topic that requires installing other
packages first) but i still get the same error " Microsoft Office
Project has not been installed for the current user. Please run
setup to install the application".
Any idea from anyone???

It is linked to this issue :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898512

I have successfully installed and started Project 2007 and opened a .mpp file. I followed the instructions for installing Visio 2007 and also have office 2007 installed (not sure if that makes a difference. I also installed MSXML 6.0 to try and solve a different problem I was having with Word 2007. Maybe thats it. Hopefully you guys experience the same success.

Joel

I am having the same problem. I looked at the link that Daiv mentioned, but I can't find either of the files mentioned in the MS Tech note.

Has anyone found a solution short of installing every package Microsoft sells?

I upgraded to Crossover Office version 8 and now MS Project 2007 installs and runs. I no longer get the "Microsoft Office Project has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application." error.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSnhZSE54dXZ0V0o2TWRaZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9