Microsoft Publisher 98 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Publisher issues under Codeweavers

The app installs fine (but see note below), but afterwards you get popup from Publisher saying that windows is running low on memory or disk space. The app will close after this.

If you choose to install any of the fonts you will get errors. These are caused by the app trying to write to the system font directories. You can fix this by temporary chown'ing those directories.

It would be nice to see this app run.

I used Linux Crossover Pro 7.1.0 with Mandriva 2009.0 and installed the version of Publisher 98 included with the Small Business Edition of MS Office 97, in the same Win98 bottle as Word 97 and Excel 97. I told it to install all fonts and clip art. So far, it appears to work fine on editing and printing some old .pub files of mine, except for some small, easily-corrected formatting differences that could have been caused by differing fonts or printer drivers.

TJ

Thomas J. Andrews wrote:

I used Linux Crossover Pro 7.1.0 with Mandriva 2009.0 and installed
the version of Publisher 98 included with the Small Business Edition
of MS Office 97, in the same Win98 bottle as Word 97 and Excel 97. I
told it to install all fonts and clip art. So far, it appears to
work fine on editing and printing some old .pub files of mine,
except for some small, easily-corrected formatting differences that
could have been caused by differing fonts or printer drivers.

TJ

Further use shows that while Publisher 98 appears to work OK with documents originally created with Windows 98, it will not print new documents created with Crossover 7.1.0 and Mandriva Linux.

TJ

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSmNCeDhacFhrRVJteTNXUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9