Microsoft Visio 2000 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crashing woes

I have Visio 2000 installed along with MS Office 2000 on a Redhat 7.3 machine running Crossover office 2.1.0.

I am unable to save or load Visio format files at least 90% of the time. Whenever I try to save or load it just vaporises. :-O

I can usually save in wmf format, which can then be re-imported, although it's messy and one loses a lot of features. ☹️

For me this app does not rate as silver. Probably not even bronze. BTW exactly the same happened on cxoffice 2.0.

Weird. That's no damn good. I've had my issues with Visio, but nothing associated with file corruption or crashes. If you'd like, feel free to send me one of your files and let me see if I can at least open it in Visio. I'm at jparshall[at]codeweavers.com.

-jon-

Anonymous

I had exactly the same problem on a Redhat 7.3 system
It seems to be a memory problem

adding
echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory

fixed the problem on my system, now I can save and open files in Visio.

I found this workaround here:
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1894

You may have a problem not with the codeweaver program, but with the Microsoft Vision version. I have Microsoft Visio Professional 2000.
That version has a problem saving to other storage devices, such as a Zip drive or External hard drive...it used to crashes my drawings on the system AND the zip I was recording a backup to.

Microsoft sent me a new disk in a plain wrapper, labeled SR-1 that fixed the problem.

Take Care,

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVUx2S0NmcGVaR3RBSHJWVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9