Microsoft Word 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Word 2007 PDF (save as)

I have installed word 2007 - all OK, seems to work fine.

The one item missing, that I really need, is the Save AS - PDF option.

Any idea how I load this ?

Thanks

Jon

While not exactly what you are looking for, you can follow the steps here to set up CUPS PDF:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/printfromcrossover

If you want to save Office 2007 documents as PDF or XPS you need an Add-in from the microsoft site.

You can find it here: 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS

Just make an unsupported installation into the bottle of Office 2007. Now you can select the option under Save as.

Unfortunately, it currently doesn't work for me, the save dialog comes up but I can't export the document to PDF (shows an error message). Maybe there are some dependencies missing, I currently don't have the time for checking the log files.

But as soon as I get running I will post here again and add a Tip to the Office 2007 Applications.

The SaveAsPDFandXPS.exe add-on makes my Word2007 crash whenever I try to create a PDF... The installation goes fine, though.

I'm trying to print my documents, and the print menu is not available (it's a VB macro, thus disabled).

Is there anyway to create a PDF? From there, I will be able to print on paper.

Regards,

Karl

Caron Wills wrote:

While not exactly what you are looking for, you can follow the steps
here to set up CUPS PDF:

But thas for MAC what about Linux?

X_Splinter wrote:

Caron Wills wrote:

While not exactly what you are looking for, you can follow
the steps here to set up CUPS PDF:

But thas for MAC what about Linux?

???...when I look at that page, I see a whole passage in italics
detailing what to do in linux....do you not get that when you load the
same page? ...

About this thread, it has two answers:

1) If you want to print with CUPS under Linx just google for it, CUPS is fully supported under Linux, it's very simple, my guess is that your Linux distribution already has it installed, all major distributions has, not big deal.

2) On the other hand, if you want to print or save as pdf your word document you have to install an addon from microsft, just google for it (assume you have a windows machine and have the same problem), you have to download an msi or an installer, and install it, just install it in the same bottle that contains your office, and that's it, I've tested it under mac and under Linux (centos 5.2) and works fine.

Hope this help.

Regards.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR1pXZ2h5RlpneGY5TXVRQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9