Microsoft Word 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Picture with word 2007

Hey Folks,

i use crossover 7.1 for mac. I have installed office 2007 with word 2007! I have 2 big Problems.

If i will copy a picture, Crossover put only the picture url into the word.

If i will move a picture in a document, i see only a white blank page. The picture was moved, but one cannot recognize where one sets it.

I think the first problem you are seeing is in how the picture is being copied. If you copy the location, the link appears, but if you copy the picture, it will appear.

The second issue you are seeing may be related to the view you have selected in Word. There are differences in the way that word handles 'normal', 'web' & 'print' layouts. If you toggle between these layout you will see that your picture will appear and disappear. This is due to how the picture is 'anchored' into the document. You can change this to an extent by playing with the format settings, but some picture types/formats will be stubborn.

Hi Caron,

thanks, but i copy the picture
see

And second, if you put the picture in front of the text or something else, then you can put it without problems.

It is a known limitation of CrossOver at this time that, while you can copy and paste text from Mac-native apps into Windows apps, you can only copy and paste images between Windows programs. It doesn't work to copy an image in a Mac-native program and then paste into a Windows program. We are working on removing this limitation, but the fix is not expected to be available for a long time.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSmNHZXZBUWNUNE40N1dteSIsImdkcHIiOjB9