Microsoft Word 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No spell check in Word 2007

Running Word 2007 (from MS Office 2007 Enterprise) on Ubuntu Jaunty with Crossover Pro 8.0.0.

For some reason the spell check features do not work. The bottle manager shows that I have the proofing package installed, but if I run the spell check it either shows the "Spell check completed" popup despite whatever garbled text I've entered or I sometimes get a popup saying the spell check feature is not installed.

I saw a comment about Word 2003 that suggested Internet Explorer was necessary for spell check so I installed IE6, but no change.

Any suggestions?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUEN0U2tVTE1ISzh4VUF3ayIsImdkcHIiOjB9