Microsoft Word 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Not enough space

When I open word 2007 via crossover, it tells me there is not enough space despite having over 6 GB of space on the hard drive. Any advice on what to do? I can open powerpoint and excel fine, but word seems not to work

What platform do you use, Mac or Linux? Which version of the OS? Also, which version of CrossOver?

I use Mac 10.5.8 and Crossover 7.1

Well, CrossOver 7.1 is quite out of date. The current version of CrossOver is 9.0.1. You can give that a try to see if it allows Word 2007 to work better.

And try having a larger hard drive. Also, why are you using using word 07 in crossover on a mac. There is a version of Microsoft Office specifically for OSX that is native.

i've updated the version of crossover to 9.0.1 and now when I try and open a file, i get "DDE error".

The reason I'm using crossover is because the native version for OSX doesn't support VBA.

Hmm. First, you get "DDE error" from opening a file in which way? For example, are you double-clicking a .doc file or otherwise opening the file from the Mac environment? Or are you using the File menu in Word?

Second, it may help to install Word (Office) into a fresh bottle using CrossOver 9.0.1. The problem may stem from the way that it was installed by CrossOver 7.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibVp0d045a21XVWtrTjJyWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9