Mirror's Edge Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problem with game switching to desktop.

While I'm in the game, I'll use a series of keys (3 or 4) to maneuver around. Sometimes, nothing happens........other times, I get switched to desktop. The game is still open. This even happens sometimes when I press the thumb button on my mouse. Help please.

Steam download
Windows Vista
ATi video card
Logitech G5 mouse.

-Mark

I take it you're on a Mac, right?

Nope..pc. Sorry about that. I was desperate for help and googled the problem. Followed a link here. Hoping you guys might be able to shed some light on the problem.

-Mark

Mark Gregory wrote:

Nope..pc. Sorry about that. I was desperate for help and googled
the problem. Followed a link here. Hoping you guys might be able
to shed some light on the problem.

-Mark

...ok, David had a go, my turn -- you're using Windows? =)

Hmm. Linux was going to be MY next guess...

ahem I highly recommend installing Windows 7. While Windows for me has always been a painful experience, Vista has been the most painful of them all.

(For future reference, CrossOver by CodeWeavers is a Linux/Mac OS X program for running Windows games (oops), and their forums normally don't support Windows.)

Thanks anyway guys.....it was worth a shot.

-Mark

I've run ME on Win7 w/out issue. I second the fellow advocate above and recommend you get Win7, cause Vista is weak-sauce.

ME works through crossover on a Mac fairly well (see the medal's OSes), thus I was asking that; and not so much on Linux (though the new version of cx might be better).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ3BUdXRDZnFnSEdkYVB3ZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9