Mirror's Edge Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game runs almost perfectly!

Using CrossOver Games 8.1.3 for Mac this game works just fine, install, run, movies, cut scenes and playing other than a slight mouse bug that stops you from turning the character a full 360º. This isn't that much of an issue as pressing q will turn you 180º and so you do have full 360º in this.

what's your system set-up? and how new is your mac? also, did you install it through steam or as a stand-alone. i tried it stand-alone, and it just quit itsself after it had installed fine, and i tried to start it. any help?

Jimjimjimbob wrote:

Using CrossOver Games 8.1.3 for Mac this game works just fine,
install, run, movies, cut scenes and playing other than a slight
mouse bug that stops you from turning the character a full 360º.
This isn't that much of an issue as pressing q will turn you 180º
and so you do have full 360º in this.

Hey Jim, this may be a silly question, but I am a registry newb. How exactly do you add the MouseWrapOverride=force to the registry. In the registry I could not find the "[Software\Wine\DirectInput]" section in the registry. Sorry that probably didn't make sense since I'm so junior at this!

No worries - I am too; I've just been shown what to do:

Probably the easiest way is dragging the 'regedit.exe' file from inside /YourUser/Library/Application Support/CrossOver (or Games)/Bottles/BottleName/drive_c/windows into the icon (which should launch the .exe file) and then once you're in there navigate to HKEY_Current_User~Software~Wine then right click Wine (the folder on the left) and click New~Key. Name it DirectInput. Right click the area to the right hand side and New~String Value. Name: MouseWarpOverride then hit enter then double click the string and enter force as the data.

If that doesn't work open up user.reg (in the BottleName folder) with your favourite text editor (I'd use BBEdit) and search for: [Software\Wine\X11 Driver]. Just above this paste:

[Software\Wine\DirectInput] 1264890967
"MouseWarpOverride"="force"

which will do the same thing.

Worked like a charm! Any idea how to get the game running in windowed mode? Doesn't work the same way as any of the source based games...

sam potter wrote:

what's your system set-up? and how new is your mac? also, did you
install it through steam or as a stand-alone?

I've got a Mac Mini with a GeForce 9400 card (256MB) and CrossOver 8.1.4 (works in .3 too). I've not got anything else installed to help Wine (I just reinstalled OS X as a matter of fact). I installed the stand alone DVD version of the game and then made sure I double installed the DirectX found with the game. I didn't do anything else other that a few things to see if the mouse'd fix; the game still worked without those tricks.

huh, interesting. maybe my mac's too old, even though it was top spec 3 and a half years ago... oh well. i think i'll just bugger of and take the "easy" way out, using boot camp. although i need to get xpsp2 on the same disk -_- microsoft = pain in the ass

*Technology = pain in the ass.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidFh5VWRDUUtlN1FkczMySCIsImdkcHIiOjB9