Monday Night Combat Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Sound and mouse issues

So far, sound doesn't work at all, and the mouse escapes my playing window. Other than that, game appears to run fine.

Thanks a lot! I was wondering if this game worked or not before I bought it. The mouse escaping window would probalby only be solved by going full screen and for sound you might try switching to emulation mode. I will be buying it now and seeing how it works for me. Just wanted to make sure it worked at least some before I bought.

Ok, now I see what you mean. When switched to emulation mode for sound the sound works for me. To do this go to Configure > Manage Bottles and choose the bottle with MNC. Go to Control Panel and run Wine Configuration. Under the Audio tab switch to Emulation mode.

I don't know what to do for the mouse issue. It seems even in full screen mode it will leave the screen so you can't turn all the way.

Also for me there are some problems with some images, namely the buttons for your powers don't load correctly and look very funny.

For the mouse, you can experiment with the MouseWarpOverride registry setting. There's a description here. In addition to the options listed on that page, CrossOver Games also supports an additional option called "force_edge", so experiment with that, too. To run the registry editor, use Programs > Run Command, select the bottle, and enter "regedit" as the command.

force_edge works very well! Thanks. For some reason it can still leave the screen in a tiny spot at the bottom but that is not a huge deal since you can still look down all the way. No idea why it does that. I've set it to my native resolution. This game works great now though!

Could you please explain the steps of what to do? I'm not too familiar with the terminal. Thanks

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzIwODgyNTk1LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTkplOGtQUnZlQzc1YlBSYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9