Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Help needed: I try to install the STEAM Version on my Mac

Hello Everyone

I just bought the game via Steam, but if I try to install it , i get an Error message "application load error 5:0000065434".
OS Version: 10.6
Crossover Version: 12.1.2.

Any suggestions?

Did you do what Alejandro advised in the Tips & Tricks section?

Hi Steve

Yes, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable is installed in that bottle.

It must be something about steam; i just noticed that the header of the error message says "steam error"

By reinstalling steam in that bottle, i noticed that steam keeps trying to update itself but seems not to be able, maybe this is the problem?

Mat wrote:

By reinstalling steam in that bottle, i noticed that steam keeps
trying to update itself but seems not to be able, maybe this is the
problem?

Steam being unable to update is definitely an issue.
I had the same issue (Steam not updating, not LeChuck's Revenge not working, though I haven't tried launching the game in a while) a few weeks ago and it was fixed thanks to a special Crossover build created specifically for that issue.
However, the release of 12.1.2 should have fixed the Steam update issue and rendered the special build unnecessary.
This thread in the Steam forum might have information that could help you (Caron's post - the twenty-third post on the page - in particular should be quite helpful).
Good luck!
EDIT: After posting this, I decided to check up on Steam and, surprise, surprise, it would not log me in. I force quit it and tried to restart it but it didn't work.
I then re-installed it in a new bottle after deleting the old one (while keeping the Steamapps folder on my desktop, so as not to have to re-download my games... thank you Caron!), put the Steamapps folder back where it belonged and everything is working fine again, including LeChuck's Revenge.

Thanks Steve for helping me out with your infos. The steamfix special build finally did the job and fixed the problem. Now, I am happy to run Guybrush trough the Jungle again! Strange that 12.1.2 did not fix the problem as expected...

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibkVCYlZybXJRTUw1VnhRYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9