Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GOG version via CrossTie crashes on start

Hi, I obtained the GOG version recently and installed it via CrossTie.

Everything worked fine up to the VC2008 installation. Afterwards the installer took ages to finish, but then threw some errors and completed. I assumed/hoped that would be ok, although it was irritating for a gold awarded game.

Upon launching the game it didn't work though, stating problems with monkey2.exe

Crossover for Mac 14.1.3

I updated the Crosstie just now. If correct this one should work better. Wait for the tie to get approved and online again and retry. Remember to trash the old bottle first.

Thanks, but I have waited quite some time, but

Last Modified:
September 19, 2010, 12:47 am

remains. I have tried to install anyway, but it behaves pretty much the same. Install takes forever and then it fails to run.
I hope it gets approved at all, still unsure where "gold" status comes from, probably not from GOG version.

Sad to see this isn't going anywhere... Any hints what to do with the GOG version to get it running?

I will ping caron

The CrossTie has been approved with Paul's edits for quite some time (actually, I approved it that day according to our changelog).

I have requested we purchase the title and will check it out as soon as I have access.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

I will try to install it once more soon. Currently I am too stupid to find the Crosstie or how I obtained the "last updated" info I posted earlier. But I'm not at my Mac at the moment anyway. Thanks for having an eye on this! It's no urgent matter, but would be nice to have!

Oh, I suppose the website was changed, I just grabbed the .tie and within it states

<app appid="com.codeweavers.c4.7724" timestamp="2015-06-24T07:24:31-05:00">

which probably is the change date of the .tie

Anyway, as I tried to install in July it probably still won't work, but I'll report back.

Ok, so I re-downloaded the installer and ran the .tie. I'll sum up what happens once more.

After the DirectX install and some other stuff and a virtual reboot the actual game installer launches. It runs for a short while and then interrupts to start the VC2008 installer. After that is finished the progress bar of the installer advances just a tiny bit and then freezes. I can't move the window or click anything, but the advertisement for other GOG games continues to change, so it's not "dead" dead. This goes on for ages. Then there are some errors (in this order):

"Runtime Error (at 68:445): :"
"Runtime Error (at 201:804): Null Pointer Exception."
"Runtime Error (at 201:805): Out Of Stack Range."
"Out of Global Vars range."

Then it says "Successfully installed", but that's just an image, so probably bull...

Launching the game results in the old error, the detailed output is here: http://pastebin.com/tqACWxxC
Install log: http://pastebin.com/MtLa9kMJ

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWk5MOTZidHZWSlhhVVRYayIsImdkcHIiOjB9