Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam version works great, but ...
  1. You need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable.

2. It has a bug that is fairly easy to trigger.

If you switch between Classic and Special Editions (with the F1 key) very often, the mouse gets disabled. The good part is that it's only disabled during gameplay. That is, the mouse works fine in the game menu (press Esc). So if it happens to you, you can just hit Esc and select Quit; the game will offer to save for you before actually quitting, meaning that no progress will be lost.

I didn't test very thoroughly, but I suspect the problem happens if you toggle between editions too quickly.

Tested on amd64 Ubuntu 10.04, nVidia GeForce 9500 GT, CrossOver Linux 9.2.0.

Hmm, I tried to reproduce the bug you mention on Crossover Games 9.2.0 for Linux and couldn't (been hammering F1 at different intervals here but the game just keeps working fine).

Intel Core2Duo, Debian, Kernel 2.6.32 i686, 2x NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX, XFCE4.

Weird... I just tried it again. Switch-switch-switch-Bam! No mouse.

Kernel 2.6.32 as well.

Maybe it's a pulseaudio thing?

The game is quite different from ME1SE. In ME1SE, switching is with the F10 key, and it flips the audio as well. You go from nice graphics, nice music, nice voices; to old-school graphics and music, no voices. And I don't have any problems with that game at all.

Hmm, could be that (using jackd here), or something in your window manager is reacting to the F1 key and interfering with the game.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZFU0UHdVY0t4NGFYNU5LUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9