Mount and Blade Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

version 1.011 and mac

Mount & blade needs updating on here.

I have found it to work on mac though must be set to direct x 7, I am yet to test much out though will look further in to it.

Still doesn't work here... You don't get the oreans.vxd error?

Just retried with a freshly downloaded 1.011 from the official taleworlds website on Crossover Games 8.0b1 (latest version of CX games I've got) with same (non-working) result. Also retried with wine-1.1.29-410-gbae9e56 (using an opengl enabled X11) - same results.

Did you alter anything in winecfg to get it to work?

What system are you using (version of Crossover/OSX)?

(I'm on 10.6 (snow leopard) using CX Games 8.0b1 and Crossover 8.020090612)

I'd love to be able to ditch parallels for this.

Dave

I also installed the 1.011 patch and got the "cannot open oreans.vxd driver" error. Has anyone figured out how to fix this? I know nothing about windows and I don't even know how to go about fixing this problem...

Hi,

What you are seeing is 'gameguard' ..;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7198

This is known not to work in crossover/wine. Some earlier versions
of gameguard did/do work afaik, but nowhere near all of them, and
especially the latest releases of gameguard. The Steam version is
known to work in wine...see;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=4829

It seems to have worked with earlier versions of wine - that said,
it's not exactly clear if gameguard has been updated in the interim.
You might try a win98 bottle, but I am only guessing...

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieFg1bkFXVUpmOTc2ZTVFUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9