Mount and Blade Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mount and Blade (MAC)

To play this game on Mac you must go under direct X 7.0
If you play 9 you will find the game not to run at all after the menus.

Rating Fail on DX 9
Currently no issues under DX 7

So far a silver
reasons, perfectly playable just not in DX9
Curser gets stuck to the side of screen - does not occur on horse back

Ideas to move to bronze application due to issues with trail version more testing to take place

I will test more and come up will more

Current Issues
Start box - graphic issue
1 Random Crash - no idea why yet
Issues with trail version, will not work due to driver issue.

Ben Ward wrote:

To play this game on Mac you must go under direct X 7.0
If you play 9 you will find the game not to run at all after the
menus.

Rating Fail on DX 9
Currently no issues under DX 7

So far a silver
reasons, perfectly playable just not in DX9

I will test more and come up will more

Current Issues
Start box - graphic issue
1 Random Crash - no idea why yet
How did you manage to play it? It always gives me the cannot find oreans.vxd driver error.
Im using crossover games 8.0, what crossover versio are you using?

I am currently using the Crossover Games 8.0 for Mac, I had no issues of installing and playing, Via what medium are you installing the games. I can then test this and see if I can find a fix for you.

a) The Taleworlds Website
b) CD
c) Steam

Well, I downloaded it from Moddb but I'll try downloading it from taleworlds.
Thanks for your support

Ben Ward wrote:

I am currently using the Crossover Games 8.0 for Mac, I had no
issues of installing and playing, Via what medium are you installing
the games. I can then test this and see if I can find a fix for you.

a) The Taleworlds Website
b) CD
c) Steam

I used the Tale Worlds Version (1.011) and it stills gives me the "cannot find oreans.vxd driver" error.

Ok, I will check again tonight as I must go in a sec, but make sure you have no other applications running which may be using the driver.

From what I have found out its a protection software driver.

1) As you using the full game or the Trial.
2) What version of Windows is your game using as the emulator.

Ben Ward wrote:

Ok, I will check again tonight as I must go in a sec, but make sure
you have no other applications running which may be using the
driver.

From what I have found out its a protection software driver.

1) As you using the full game or the Trial.
2) What version of Windows is your game using as the emulator.
I'm using the trial version (I cant register it 'cause it doesnt even open), by the way the trial you download is supposed to be the full version, and im installing it in a windows xp bottle.
Update: I've just tried the steam trial version and it still gives me the same error.

Technically its the full game the only change in the level 7 inposement they have placed in. I have tested this now and found the same issue you had with the demo though had no issues on the full version, I will look further in to this.

I will have to attempt to find a way round it on Friday, as busy again tomorrow/today its 2am now and up at 6, been like this last couple of days though off on the Friday so will attempt a more vigorous then, also plans to test the ability to mod the game on mac as well as the new warband beta.

Quick update:
The file is the copy protection used, last month the company released a new version which supports mac os x for the wine based users, the issue is the files need to be recompiled by talesworld I have found a few things that may work though unlikily, but will either be tonight or tommorrow when I get around to testing, really need to sleep now otherwise will be going to work with no sleep.

Best of luck anything you find out please post.

Ok, I am still looking and nothing new so far, the main issue you have is unless you have a steam based version you cannot activate to the full. I will be testing the warband beta tonight and have also be enquiring in to the possibility of getting a set of recompiled files for crossover users.

Hopefully will be in touch soon.

I'm using Crossover Games v. 8.0.0 on OS X 10.6, and the game works very well for me on DirectX 7, except for some odd reason, the mouse cursor doesn't disappear for me in combat, so when I try to look around with the mouse, eventually it gets caught on the edge of the screen and it won't allow me to turn anymore. Is anybody else having issues with this? If so, have you/ how did you manage to rectify the issue?

Edit: Just to clarify, I purchased the game via Steam.

Im afraid thats the one major issue, It may be a mac only issue, I have not tested on linux at all.

I will test with the new version soon enough, just trying to get the time, I must run my bus leaves in 10 minuets, but currently I have found no fix for this issue, I will look in to it.
This bug also appears in the multiplayer section on the beta.
yet to test on single player of beta.

One last thing you cant update the beta though the patches.

I tested the game out with the newer version of crossover (8.1.2), the mouse still gets stuck; and for me it doesn't matter if I'm on foot or on horseback.

Tested this game out with 8.1.3, still has the mouse issue, other than that it runs perfectly, it's just the mouse sticking issue makes combat really clunky and it's nearly a game-breaking issue (for me, at least).

I tryed it on version 8,1,4 on mac. it can instal, run and all bot there are some issues.

in the map menu, where i run on horse, the water on the top show some times some color bug, or what it called.

I can like view around 300/360 view :S ingame..... so i cant just like turn around....

run and play work perfect, i downloaded it from they main site, and entered seriel key..

Now the game installs and runs almost perfect under DirectX9, the only issue is that when you put shadows in Ultra High, the game looks terrible, so you got to stick to high.
I would give this app a Gold Medal (CrossOver Games 8.1.4 Mac OS X)

Mikkel Nielsen wrote:

I tryed it on version 8,1,4 on mac. it can instal, run and all bot
there are some issues.

in the map menu, where i run on horse, the water on the top show
some times some color bug, or what it called.

I can like view around 300/360 view :S ingame..... so i cant just
like turn around....

run and play work perfect, i downloaded it from they main site, and
entered seriel key..

Just turn higher the sensitivity from the option menu, if your mouse gets stuck just turn around all the other way, it's almost as if you where playing normal.

Pablo Zárate wrote:

Mikkel Nielsen wrote:

I tryed it on version 8,1,4 on mac. it can instal, run
and all bot there are some issues.

in the map menu, where i run on horse, the water on the top show
some times some color bug, or what it called.

I can like view around 300/360 view :S ingame..... so i cant just
like turn around....

run and play work perfect, i downloaded it from they main site,
and
entered seriel key..

Just turn higher the sensitivity from the option menu, if your mouse
gets stuck just turn around all the other way, it's almost as if you
where playing normal.

Ok cool, i will try that

I'm playing it with DirectX 7 on the Crossover Games 9.0 beta, playing no problem. Although if I play withw DirectX 9, it works but the characters don't load all the way (they're missing torsos and a few limbs).

And wow, the mouse thing is annoying! The increased sensitivity makes it harder for me during fights.

Oh, I'm playing the expansion Warband by the way.

CrossOver Games 9 has support for a new mouse handling hack that you might try.

Use the Run Command dialog to run "regedit". In the registry editor, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/something.exe/DirectInput, creating keys as you go with Edit > New > Key. For "something.exe" put the actual name of the .exe file for the game. I don't know what it is. With the DirectInput key selected, do Edit > New > String Value and name it "MouseWarpOverride" (without the quotes). Set its value to "force_edge" (without quotes).

See if the mouse behaves any better with that. Note, this hack is only recommended if you play the game in full-screen mode.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Ken!

Unfortunately, I could not find the right exe file under AppDefaults. The program's subfolder just wasn't there.

You have to create the key for the game's .exe under AppDefaults. Select the AppDefaults key, then use Edit > New > Key to create the key and give it the name of the game's .exe. You'll need to create the DirectInput key within there, too. That's what I meant by "creating keys as you go".

Works like a charm with MouseWarpOverride activated THX

Now all we need is fully functional DX9 support, dx7 looks really outdated XD and with dx9 there are too many graphical glitches :-/ Any ideas for a solution here?

Ok DirectX9 is now working perfectly. :)

Hallo to everyone!
I have some 3d models problems: the enemies are not human but "strange creature like giant spiders" (3d models problem). Also my character is a giant strange monster.

Gransoporo, is the problem that certain points on the 3D models get sent off to infinity, making really long, sharp, angular spikes shooting off the model?

If so, that's a problem we've seen with certain other programs and there's a hack for it which can be enabled in the registry. It's similar to what's described above. Create all the missing keys in key path HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/something.exe/Direct3D. (Replace something with the name of the Mount and Blade .exe file.) Select the Direct3D key at the end of that path. Create a new string value (Edit > New > String value) named "SafeVsConsts" with the value "enable".

I'm a little surprised though, that apparently nobody but you has encountered this problem. 😕

Thanks again for this answer Ken. Yes is almost as you describe. But my poor english don't help me to describe the situation. I think that I will continue playing the warband version! If it's necessary i can post a image

I'm glad all you guys have it working; I've just tried with 1.011 on CX Games 9.2.0 and still receive the oreans.vxd problem. Are you guys all using steam, or are you managing to get results using the official 1.011 download from taleworlds?

Any advice gratefully received.

since there is a way to fix the mouse problem in "Mount and blade".Is there a way to fix it on warband ?

Hey guys
I'm getting the same "cannot find oreans.vxd driver" problem.
I'm completely new to using crossover, so I went to the software list and installed direct x 9.
I also downloaded direct x 7 which is supposed to be better, but it says "cannot run on that version of windows", so I tried to install it in all the versions of the windows bottle, but I got the same problem every time.
How do I choose whether to 'use' direct x 7 or 9?
How do I solve the "cannot find oreans.vxd driver" problem as well? not everyone seems to have it.
thanks for any help/explanation

I, too, have encountered the "Cannot open oreans.vxd driver." error.

(Posting to keep this thread alive).

Mac OS X version 10.6.8
CrossOver Games version 10.1.1
Windows XP bottle
Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Modern
Mount & Blade (GamersGate version) patched to 1.011

Trial works with the latest Crossover Games version. Now we just need a fix for the mouse glitch that occurs in battle.

Official version from the taleworlds site of the original mount&blade (1.011) still fails with the oreans error. The medal rating is misleading - I've seen no evidence that any version other than the steam one works on Mac OSX. See screenshot for information.

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with Direct X 9. All the armors/Boots/horses models are missing. But when my friend instal the game on his mac (macbooc) the Direct X 9 just work perfectly :o

I'm using a macbook pro with snow leopard 1.6.8 and he is using his macbooc also with snow leopard (but I don't remeber the version)

What is te hell? xD

and sorry for my bad english, I hope I'm understandable >.<

1 to 33 of 33

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNWdlcGtRR1JBYTlOUXBlRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9