MyLifeOrganized Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't run MLO 3.6.x

Just checking here to see if anyone has had luck running MLO v3.6.x on Linux or Mac with Crossover. The issue has come up periodically on the MLO support list (Google Group). I also have a formal support ticket with MLO, but no progress has been made on the issue.

MLO worked fine on my openSUSE system until the v3.6 update; and v3.5.9 continues to work well. Installing a newer version completes under Crossover, but running MLO the first time generates a splash screen, the application appears in the KDE taskbar, but the UI never appears.

The major change in this update was adding UNICODE support, but I can't see how that would affect how the app runs with Wine! There's been no indication from the developer that this will be fixed in the upcoming v4.0 (but no indication that it wouldn't be fixed either).

If anyone here knows of a way to get this running again, I'd love to hear it!

Once the Unicode release came out, I could never get MLO running on the Mac any more, after many hours and days and combinations of software installs. As much as I loved MLO for many years, that was the tipping point to me moving to a Mac native app, and I couldn't have been happier to not have to deal with MLO under Crossover oddities any more. Good luck trying to get it to work, and please post if you do!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid2dXZFk0dWJGS2NtSkFHeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9