MyLifeOrganized Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MLO Cloud Sync

I'm currently testing Crossover 9.1.0 with MyLifeOrganized 3.5.5 and the new cloud sync function. It works fine under Parallels, but under Crossover, you get a "Could not login to server. Server response: "OLE error 80004001" error. Currently investigating what can resolve this. Any advise appreciated!

Good news, I found a workaround / solution. If you install Internet Explorer 7 in to your bottle, one of the components it installs will allow for MLO Cloud Sync to work. Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly which component it is.

I tried these packages individually, but they didn't solve the problem:

• MS XML Parser 6.0SP1
  • Windows OLE Components

Then I installed IE7. My install didn't even complete, but it installed a suite of components before trying to install IE7. It's too late in the eve to figure out exactly which item it was. I've got a bunch of new TrueType fonts, 3 versions of MS XML Parser, Flash 10 ActiveX control, and CrossOver HTML engine. I'm guessing it's not a TrueType font...

I've run in the same probem, Peter, using a Wine Bottled copy of MLO. I will try using Crossover but would LOVE to not have to install all of the disaster that is IE. Did you figure out what specific part was needed?

I got this working under Wine as distributed with Debian (Lenny).

I believe the problem is the Wine built-in MSXML library. It looks like MLO expects MSXML 3 and the built-in is not handling namespaces on node creations correctly???

Anyway, I got the MSXML 3 redistributable from the Microsoft web, installed it, and forced Wine to use the native msxml3.dll library for MLO.

I put instructions up here:
http://www.colickyclown.com/node/58

-S

Thanks, under Crossover Mac, you can just install Microsoft XML Parser 3.0, and cloud sync works! Nothing else needed. Did a test with the latest version as of May 28, 2011.

MacBookAir 11"
OS X 10.6.7

I installed 3.5.9 and I can't start MLO cloud sync.
I installed msxml 6 + Microsoft XML Parser 3.0

error
Could not log in to server. Server response: "interface not supported"

Does someone now what could be the problem?

Hi,

Going by winehq, msxml4.0 and ie7 are required...see;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=23611

...of course, do not use winetricks -- those same runtime support
targets are available in the cxinstaller GUI ...

Cheers!

Hi Don,

after ie7 installation MLO cloud sync is working :)

This is only application which is missing me since I start to use Mac a month ago.

Thanks for help.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVmM5eVBRcHM3dWEzSmNnQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9