Neverwinter Nights 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Need help getting the tips and tricks to work

Im fairly new and not a computer whiz by any means :) But my problem is I have been trying to use the tips and tricks to get the NWN 2 working on my Mac. Just like some other folks on here the game had installed just fine, but it'll pretend to start up then nothing happens. I have been trying to go through abeta's tips but i dont understand parts of it and cant get others to work.

This part in particular:

5) Download and copy the following DLLs to \windows\system32

d3dx9_30
d3dx9_36
d3dx9_28
devenum
dxdiagn
mscorwks
msvcm80
msvcp80
msvcr80

How do i download this and where do i find the windows/system32? I have ran the regedit but cannot find a windows system32 (forgive me If i sound like i know Nothing about computers)

ANY help would greatly be appreciated. thanks

Jason Manning wrote:

snip<

This part in particular:

5) Download and copy the following DLLs to \windows\system32

d3dx9_30
d3dx9_36
d3dx9_28
devenum
dxdiagn
mscorwks
msvcm80
msvcp80
msvcr80

Hi,

Before you go manually attacking things, try the automated equivalents ;

dllname | name of package | C4 app_id #

d3dx9_30 |
d3dx9_36 |
d3dx9_28 |-------> install DirectX 9 aka. app_id=4099
devenum |
dxdiagn |

mscorwks |------> install .NET 2.0 aka. app_id=1578

msvcm80 |
msvcp80 |-----> install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redist aka. 6850 and/or 8779
msvcr80 |

If it's not .NET 2.0 then perhaps .NET 3.0 instead (try the lower version first).
These targets are in the 'Runtime Support Components' area of the cxinstaller GUI.

Let us know how that pans out.

Cheers!

Awsome thanks for replying and giving your instructions! I have time off this evening so I'm gonna try this out and give it another shot. Thanks once again I hope it works!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZkp3eDZxUFlnZFRIcExacSIsImdkcHIiOjB9