Neverwinter Nights 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No sound in Neverwinter Nights 2 GoG version? --Crossover Linux

I'm running Crossover on Fedora 20, and I can't seem to get any audio from Neverwinter Nights 2. The game runs great, graphically. Amazingly, faster than on Windows, which shocked me. But I can't seem to get the audio working. I will admit that it didn't install .NET framework 3.5 when I installed the game, but I can't seem to get that to install, which was the reason it didn't install when I installed the game.

You're probably missing some library.

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/diag

I found out the issue earlier, which was that it wasn't properly configured to use my headphones in Wine. However, now that I got it set up, the game crashed a few times when I was trying to set it to Windowed mode, and now the sound won't work again, in Wine config, or the game. Reinstalling hasn't helped. Sound still works fine in the Linux OS.

UPDATE: And, it seems you were right, I was missing libs. I ran the cxdiag tool, installed several of the 32-bit audio libs, and now the audio works perfectly, thank you.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSnU3RmtSMjJDZlIzd0tDQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9