Neverwinter Nights 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Client Extender problems

Using the NWN2 Client Extender with Crossover Linux simply doesn't work. The box that talks about new features doesn't come up until after you've loaded into an area, and the internet server browser restoration (it's main feature) comes up empty after saying that the master server is down. Checking the substitute master server that the application is supposed to redirect to, it's up.

Sorry for the late reply - I am working through old forum posts after the Christmas break.

I had a quick look at one of the client extensions, and it seems to me that they operate by injecting a DLL into the running process and patching the running executable. This is silimar to how the Steam overlay works and is a pretty tricky process. I'm not surprised it doesn't work on CrossOver or Wine.

I had a look at http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/nwn2-client-extension , as it was the first google result for "NWN2 client extension". What particular extension are you trying to use?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSzVlblpXZDJLVkNzUnQyWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9