Neverwinter Nights 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Had to reinstall NWN2 to get it to work in CX14

In case someone else finds that a game that ran perfectly before is now crashing on load as I had found, I want to say that the issue was fixed with by reinstalling the game into a new bottle with the CrossTie. I don't know what the issue was, I even restored from a known-to-work archive. However, the fix is simple enough so I changed my "Does not work" ranking to a "Gold".

The culprit for this bug is CX changing the usage of dxdiagn.dll from "native" to "native, builtin". Changing it back to "native" fixes the issue. Thanks goes to Stefan Dösinger for figuring this out.

Hmm, this means that the option to move all this NWN2 specific stuff to HKCU\Software\Wine\AppDefaults should probably be investigated

I assume that is for application specific overrides?

Yes.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQlg5eE1WVXBtaHhFdTI4QSIsImdkcHIiOjB9