Neverwinter Nights 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trouble getting NWN2 GOG version installed

Hi all,

I'm not able to get the GOG version of NWN2 installed without it erroring out. Here is basically how it goes.

1. I use the Crosstie to do the installation.

2. The installation gets about 75% of the way through.

3. Then it stops, stays there for a long time, then I get an error that says "Runtime Error (at 69:445):".

4. I hit ok to close the error and immediately an "Out of Stack range" error pops up.

5. The installation then immediately stops and says it is "finished" but I'm not sure it actually completed correctly. I can launch NWN2 but can't really access the menus and the video looks all weird. So I'm not sure the installation actually completed.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Running the latest version of Crossover for the Mac.

Actually, that's how the GOG installers behave now on Wine and on CrossOver. So it managed to finish the installation just fine.

As to why your graphics looks weird, you'll need to provide more info about your system.

If your graphics are just low resolution and you can't hit buttons, look at the end of my T&T article:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/neverwinter-nights-2/getting-the-gog-com-version-to-run

The other stuff in the article should not be needed anymore as it appears to be taken care of by the crosstie.

Thank you! This worked great! I appreciate the help.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZEFVbUhtZzZlczgyRTQzRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9