Neverwinter Nights 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

NWN 2 ATI video error

I installed and updated nwn2 (v1.4) on my machine with no problems.

When I attempt to run the game, I receive the following pop-up messages:
1) "Your video card has less than 128 mb of video memory, Performance may be less than optimal"
2) "Unable to detect a video card with 3D hardware acceleration..."
3) "Hardware 3D acceleration appears to be disabled..."

How do I enable crossover to "see" my video card?
Do I need to install the ATI drivers in Crossover?

Thanks,
Sam

Crossover 7.1.2
AMD 64 3400
ATI HD2400
KUbuntu 8.04

You need to edit some registry keys to get rid of those messages. Run "regedit" inside your Neverwinter Nights 2 bottle and locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Wine. Create a new key called "Direct3D" and add the follow registry strings and their respective values:

DirectDrawRenderer -> opengl
OffscreenRenderingMode -> fbo
VideoMemorySize -> 512 (or 256 or another value, depends on your videocard)
UseGLSL -> enabled

Running on Mac OS X... those settings work fine to run for me on nvidia cards...

On ATI cards though, I have major graphics errors and lock ups if it try to use "OffscreenRenderingMode"="fbo"
it only works set to backbuffer.. wines default. This works great for the original NWN2, but makes the expansions unplayable. it may be a bug in the OSX drivers for ATI.... my nvidia Mac runs it fantastic though.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidkpibkxHVUhIUHpXbVpnNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9