Neverwinter Nights 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

So close, yet...

After following the OS X install instructions in the Tips & Tricks, I was able to install and successfully get through character creation for the first time ever, which was great (I've been trying to get NWN2 running in Crossover and/or Wine since it came out, and it's been frustrating since it has been running on Wine on Linux for quite some time now). But, as mentioned in the Tips & Tricks, modules hang indefinitely on loading. Has anyone been able to successfully load a module in OS X?

I haven't tried yet, but I will soon and will let you know. In the meantime, I can add that I am unable to play the official campaign (haven't tried the expansions) because the game crashes during the area transition as soon as I exit the house at the beginning of the game. Dos this happen to you?

I'm not getting that far yet – I just start the new campaign, create a character (successfully!) and then the module starts to load and hangs and that's the end of it.

Halle wrote:

I'm not getting that far yet – I just start the new campaign,
create a character (successfully!) and then the module starts to
load and hangs and that's the end of it.

running on a Mac with an ATI video card? I see the same issue.... on my nvidia card Mac it runs fantastic.

If you take out the "OffscreenRenderingMode"="fbo" setting in the registry, then you can play NWN2 original campaign with the ATI, but not the expansions, they have problems with the sky drawing and covering up everything so you cant see... only is happening on OSX with ATI cards so far, and since with the proper drivers and ATI cards in Linux it works, i think its a driver bug. On my a Mac with a X1600 it will lock up the whole machine, on my Mac with a X1900, it will keep going like its working but not draw anything new, you only get the interface and sound and subtitles.

Yup, same issue – I have an X1600. Thanks for explaining.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNVM5R0dTZHlMTlpGVkVhbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9