Neverwinter Nights 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Additional graphical problems with CXG 8

With the upgrade to CXG 8.0 Mac, the same bottle I used with 7.2 now has some additional graphical problems, like most of the character textures not drawing, but appearing black.

What graphics card do you have? We had only one report from NWN2 during the beta, which pointed out a pretty serious bug that affected multiple games. We fixed that bug in rc1, and afterwards NWN2 seemed to work fine. Unfortunately I don't remember which gpu the reporter had(but it was a mac)

oh and: We enabled shader model 2 and shader model 3 by default, so probably the game is using more advanced graphics now. It could be that the new gfx are broken, and the old one still works, if the settings are changed back.

Turns out that the problem was that GLSL was disabled. That seems to happen every time I upgrade to a newer version. Even though I enabled GLSL before, I had to do it again. Now, the game does indeed run very, very well with alm ost all settings at max, so long as I keep shadows at low, advanced shadow settings to medium, and water reflections off. Normal Terrain Mapping even works now.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZGNxcWFmYnUzOUZRRTlMciIsImdkcHIiOjB9