Neverwinter Nights 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trying to regedit direct3d... Not listed in regedit

I got the game successfully installed with MOTB and patched to 1.23. I am using crossovergames 8.0 with a macbook unibody.

THe game tells me that there is no graphics card with at least 128mb and therefore will run poorly then quits. I found on here that I had to make edits to the direct3d registry and when I load up regedit and navigate to the wine folder, there is no direct3d in the folder.

It is installed and listed under the bottle's programs and it is in the system32 folder but not in the regedit..

Please let me know what I am doing wrong, thank you.

My guess would be that you used a Windows XP bottle for this. Try a Windows 2000 bottle instead. I posted my successful steps in a previous thread, but didn't add the following that might help explain:

• In Crossover Games > Preferences, make sure the "Hide service" and "Hide software" checkboxes are not checked. (All three checkboxes should be empty.) When you do this, you will see new install options when you select Configure > Install Software.

Then go with the steps I posted previously, installing MotB after step 3:

1) Install VC++ Redistributable 2005 into a new Win2k bottle, using CXGames 8.0 installer. Then install VC++ Redistributable 2008 into the same bottle.
2) Install DirectX Runtime Legacy, using CXGames 8.0 installer, into the same bottle (this step may be unnecessary -- see step 3).
3) Install NWN2 OC into the same bottle and let .NET 2.0 and DirectX 9 install.
4) Install MotB into the same bottle.
5) Patch up to the most recent 1.23 (to shake off the DRM).

If you use the steps above, you shouldn't need to adjust anything in the registry. (I think this is the case starting with CXGames 8.) In fact, if you do make registry adjustments according to the advice given elsewhere, you may have graphics problems even if the game runs.

He there,
It should be there somewhere. If it isn't you could possibly create it and hope it populates it's self ???

But really It's sure to be there somewhere,
if you really can't find it you might have to generate another bottle and install again.

Good luck

Ps. there is a search feature in regedit if you haven't already worked that out.

Oh btw, I'm pretty sure that not having a capable graphics card listed ( aka over 128mb ) really have anything to do with the game crashing. I suggest you try some other video modes ( windowed for instance ) and disable features such as shadowing and other advanced graphics as they have been know to cause problems.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUnFhNlQ4WGNZNkpmOVlXZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9