Neverwinter Nights 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

NWN 2 with Cross Over Games 9

Has anyone experience with CXG 9 ? I'm trying to install by creating a win2000 bottle and then installing from the CD. However I can't get the install wizard to work. When I get to the screen showing me the installation destination (c:/program files etc) I am unable to click next. This is true regardless of whether I'm running the installation from the CD or manually selecting the setup.exe from the CD to start the ball rolling. I was able to get past this point previously in version 8.

I've also reinstalled CX 9 a couple of times to no avail as well as reinstalling the Crossover HTML on a new bottle.

Note that I'm running on an iMac 10.5.8, 2.33 Ghz C2D, 7600GT 256MB, 3GB RAM.

I have only just upgraded from 8. Upgrade process was drag Crossover from the Apps folder into the trash and delete and then install the new version by dragging into Apps.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Same issue... MacBook Pro 15", 2.5ghz C2D, 4gb ram, OS X 10.6.3... Any update or workaround?

Thanks,
Jeff

So I was able to install just fine (make sure you install the .net framework 2.0 first from the runtime support list). Use an XP bottle... I think the issue may be the OS bottle as like I said, installation for me was flawless using an XP bottle (I'm running Lucid Ubuntu 10.4). However, I did have to cut a ticket for it not recognizing my vid card memory even after adjusting the reg key. Also need to figure out why the updater can't connect to my interwebs connection.

UPDATE
I was able to follow another's instructions in the forum installing the game with a w2k bottle after installing some runtime c++ microcrap stuff as well... now it runs, recognizes my card, but am stuck on the choosing the campaign screen.

John Albert Bullen wrote:

Has anyone experience with CXG 9 ? I'm trying to install by creating
a win2000 bottle and then installing from the CD. However I can't
get the install wizard to work. When I get to the screen showing me
the installation destination (c:/program files etc) I am unable to
click next. This is true regardless of whether I'm running the
installation from the CD or manually selecting the setup.exe from
the CD to start the ball rolling. I was able to get past this point
previously in version 8.

Have you guys tried going thru the new from-scratch procedure in the Tips&Tricks section? Also, in this forum there was posted a c4p install option that I think was done on a mac. You should try those things and report back success, if any.

Good luck,

Xaphir

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidEhwWE1kUVF4dTd5ZzNXRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9