OpenOffice 4 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

OpenOffice 4 Error when installing

I keep getting an unknown error when I try to dowload OO4 (v4.1.3) straight from Crossover so I skipped that last step and let it installed java in the bottle now I went and installed OO4 from their EXE from their website I installed it in that bottle that was created using the run command and it looks like it installed correctly but I got a error upon exiting run command results ...

Command error text:
winedevice.exe(3803,0x401fa000) malloc: error for object 0x40500bb2: pointer being freed was not allocated
set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x426cbab0 at address 0x4227f7dd (thread 0035), starting debugger...
winedevice.exe(3807,0x401fa000) malloc: error for object 0x4020d972: pointer being freed was not allocated
set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

after I closed that it looks like OO4 works fine but. Is there a problem with the way I installed it ??

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTWNTNTZlNWVGbUYza1BSWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9