Panzer General II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Panzer General II - CrossOver 11 problem

I upgraded CrossOver 11 as soon as I got the announcement. I do not have mission critical data in CrossOver so I wasn't that worried about it. However, when I tried running PG II, the graphics flickered vertically on the screen. The screen was basically unreadable until I moved my mouse across the screen. I could then view the screen, but the flickering is so bad that PG II would not be playable.

It worked perfectly in CrossOver 10. I could not get PG II to play in a window, but that is a limitation of the game. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem in CrossOver 11 or not.

Bob C

Update: I did find that running Panzer General II using a virtual desktop did make the program usable. However, the window is either 800x600 or 640x480. On my 27" iMac, the window was too small to use. First, I ended up reducing my iMac's screen resolution to make the window usable.

In the end, I simply used Wineskin to downgrade the Wine version used for PG II to 1.3.9. That's the version used in CrossOver Games 10 and PG II worked without a problem. It appears to work just as well with the generic 1.3.9 as it did with the Codeweavers' optimized version in COG 10.

The last time I attempted to install PG II in CrossOver 11, the graphics problems remained until I turned on the virtual desktop option.

Bob

...perhaps a corollary of bug 7202...

Artist Formally Known as Dot wrote:

...perhaps a corollary of bug 7202...

I will have to take your word for it. I am not permitted to see bug 7202.

Bob C

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS1dWOG5SVTNHUFZjZUNxVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9