Pirate101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installed and playing

I've managed to install and get the game to launch under crossover Mac 11.2.2.

I installed the game by installing the Wizards 101 crosstie and then installing the Pirates 101 game into the same bottle. After installing the game crashed on first launch - but if you close the app after the crash and re-launch. Then open the settings and turn off the full screen option.

I went through the tutorial after that without a problem.

I need to play more before I can rank the game but so far I have not seen a single problem after the initial crash.

Any update would be awesome. This would be an incredibly quick fix instead of what I am currently trying.

I too installed it in the same bottle as Wizard 101 and it ran fine, but now I can't find it....hmmm

It's now working quite nicely for me in OS X 10.8.2 with CrossOver 11.3.1. I had tried it using the Wizard101 bottle on launch day (using CrossOver 11.2), and it hadn't worked - I never saw any video, but could hear the opening tutorial/cinema just fine. Dunno when it started working (new CrossOver? new Pirate 101 patch?), but I'm 'appy now, mateys.

So I should install wizard 101, and then install pirate 101 into that same bottle?

I'm trying to get this working for myself and kids to play together.

I'm also up and running in the Wizard101 bottle under OS 10.7.5 with CrossOver 11.3.

Had to force quit after exiting the game, but, other than that, the tutorial and game were working well.

Thanks for the tips!

I'm trying to get this working as well and having partial success. Like above, I installed it into her existing Wizards101 bottle just fine, and the game loads and runs (albeit with a few graphical glitches in the launcher). But it seems I can't switch between characters. Attempting to do so crashes.

Randall Hand wrote:

But it seems I can't switch between characters. Attempting to do so
crashes.

It has been fixed in CrossOver 12, which is due out sometime in December.

Any way to get v12 now? Beta program or something?

Try submitting a ticket asking for beta access and a link to the CrossOver 12 CrossTie
for Pirate101.

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM3hFcFllYlVrbm1UYUJHSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9