PlanetSide Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

General HOWTO

This was made with WINE in mind, but works for codeweavers (at least as-of what was current during the "Lame Dusk" give-a-way)

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/posts/list.m?topic_id=88000010429

That page links to a psinstall.zip with an exe inside. Use that as the installer executable.

Create your own "bottle" for Planetside. I actually had a full windows install and dropped it's data over into the folder created by the Station application after interrupting the download process. After the drag & drop, all my windows preferences came over and the resolution was set perfectly.

The only problem have be game crashes, but since that's a normal part of Planetside it is difficult to isolate if it is the fault of codeweavers or Planetside

Planetside may lose sound from time to time. Truth is, this happens under Windows, just much more frequently under Crossover. The good news is sound is usually recoverable using these steps.

While in game

Press Escape and bring up the sounds / Audio menu

In this window there should be an option (either he or under the Advanced tab) for the sound driver you are using. Usually it's set to "Miles 2D Audio" or something similar. Change it to another one of the sound drivers. Sound may come back instantly. If not, select one of the other audio drivers and save changes, then go back to the sound screen and change it back (or to a different options). Lather, rinse, and repeat until sound returns.

What Mac are you running Planetside on?

Thanks,
John

Hi,
I try with 7.2.0, it's ok and . . . crash :(.

26/07/09 11:23:52 [0x0-0xaa0aa].com.codeweavers.CrossOverGamesHelper.PS.PlanetSide/.PlanetSide[2029] wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x00000000 at address 0x63983320 (thread 003a), starting debugger...

edit: content removed, "do not mention beta results in general forums".
Please consider resubmitting your post when CX-11 is released.

Alright, now that I can say this, with the newest release and newest launcher from SOE, Planetside installs and runs fine. Just install and you should be good to go.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ3I4WEhkOGV2V0o4Q3M3RSIsImdkcHIiOjB9