Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Weird graphics, no menu, etc.

Hi!

I just bought and installed this game on my MacBook Pro using CrossOver version 10.1.2. It says on the tips and tricks site that I have to turn off the fog in the settings; problem is, no menu titles and no mouse appear (I can't see anything, but the menu seems to react when I push different keys, so hopefully it's jus the visual aspect).

I also had the activex-error a user in another thread reported, but I can launch the game, just with very weird graphics and no menu and mouse showing up. Also, the control-notices (fx: "press space to jump") do not appear.

I also get this message when I start the game: "Your videocard « Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family » is not supported".

Does this mean that I simply can't play the game? Or is there any way to make the menu + mouse appear and make the graphics appear optimally?

I already played some of the game in this way, but it would be a lot more fun if I was looking at the real thing and could actually change the settings/save the game/etc.

My specs are:

Here are some pictures of the graphics issue:

image image imageimage

The colors change around quite a lot too. I believe the menu titles should have been visible in the last pic, but as you can see, there's absolutely nothing.

Please ask if you need more information! Help is much appreciated! :)

Edit: The user interface (obviously) doesn't show either, and when the movie is supposed to play all I get are splashes of color, fx a fully white or red or blue screen.

Really hope someone can help! (Or at least confirm that it's because of my graphics card or something.)

Thanks in advance!

Looks like its due to it. Intel graphics cards are overal bad supported in wine and in games. Thats why its also sad apple uses in their macbook line the intel graphics hd 3000 gfx cards instead of NVidia or at least ATI/AMD radeon (which has also some graphical issues with some games)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSHVwWmtXU1NrblVXSGVTayIsImdkcHIiOjB9