Pro Pinball: Big Race USA Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

BRUSA: mixed results under Crossover 19 on macOS Catalina 10.15.2

Alrighty, I haven't used Crossover in a long time but am diving back in thanks to changes that came with Catalina. I just tried running Pro Pinball: Big Race USA. Surprisingly, there is no CrossTie for it even though Paulthetall mentioned there being one previously. I used the one for Fantastic Journey and while the installation seemed to go well, the game crashes on run. Error message is:

The instruction at 7bca2e25 referenced memory at 00000008.
The memory could not be read from.

This was with the Kickstarter Edition of the installer, a DRM-free version that was a reward for backers of the Timeshock remaster. I retried it with the original CD and a no-cd patch and that worked just fine, though I'd rather the Kickstarter version worked to avoid the patch. One glaring problem is that macOS keeps telling me that it can't identify the developer and wants to move it to the Trash. I can't seem to get that message to stop appearing, even though I am aware of the process normally for macOS apps that aren't signed.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWGN2ekJ6OTdrWXVDcFQyRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9