Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver 12.1.2, GOG.com FJ, 10.8.2

(Posted mostly the same thing over in Big Race USA's forum since it applies there too)

Not sure if this will work for everybody, but it is for me with the setup in the thread subject. I'm on a 2011 Mac mini, i5 w/6630M graphics and 16GB RAM if that matters.

Anyway what I've done is:

• Install into a Vista bottle
  • Exit instead of launching the game after the installer finishes
    Then under Manage Bottles:
  • Open Wine config and enable virtual desktop and set to 1600x1200 (or whatever lower res if you don't have that many vertical pixels)
  • Enable experimental Mac Driver, this one doesn't seem necessary with FJ actually, sound seems fine on a quick test at least (vs BRUSA being really scratchy/distorted without it).

On initial start the screen seems to freak out a bit as it tries switching to the low res config screen, but once in game it's fine, if you don't mind it being full screened (if you have the experimental Mac driver enabled). I have it set to 1600x1200 and the graphic and audio settings all at very high, for the most part it runs fine, a little audio crackle here and there but that's about it. There might be a lag but it's small enough to not affect me, and that might even be my screen for all I know (I remember it feeling really really laggy compared to my old CRT way back).

I haven't tested out control config yet though, so that might have issues for all I know.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV2dVZUVYVWI0N3FOd1M3NCIsImdkcHIiOjB9