Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fantastic Journey under 7.22

FJ is not working well under 7.22.
This is on a new MacBook Pro (2.53Ghz), and the 640x480 resolution runs at an acceptable speed - 1024x768 is jerky, and unplayable. the tip for re-assigning the keys doesn't work, so there is the sticky key issue as well.

In a nutshell, unplayable.

I would welcome any assistance or suggestions.

TIA

Bill

FWIW, gog.com have a sale on this weekend only for this
title - check my other forum entry regarding how easy
the gog version was. Just so you know (although it's
in my bio as well), I'm using linux, this rig is a
AMD AM2 4400+ with gs8600 nvdiacard and drivers. The
gog version is performing perfectly here - I've been
looking for a nice pinball sim...<grin>....

I'm running it under 7.2.2. I am not seeing any problems with slowdown though I think the resolution is small and the game crashes when you try to change resolution (I might try that again with different settings). It also crashes for me when I try to reassign keys to non-modifying keys (this is a general workaround for problems with Pro Pinball, not just on Crossover).

But the big news is that I think there's a workaround for sticky flippers! I noticed that the keys only seemed to stick when it really mattered -- and did some experimenting, and noticed that it wasn't generally sticking, it was just that you couldn't operate one flipper while holding the other. Which would, indeed, make it unplayable. But if I operate the right flipper with the shift key, and the left with CTRL, then all is well. Does this work for you?

Now my only remaining problem is that the game is beastly hard and it keeps stomping me.

I am running it on a shiny shiny new 2.8Ghz MacBook Pro.

And I've now checked, and it runs nicely at 1024x768 in a window using winecfg. I'll try it on the external HD monitor and see if I can get the really big resolutions to work. I even got a replay once...

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWjNjOUxkZHBwYXVTUWJMZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9