PS Now Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unable to update on MacOS

I got PS Now installed on my Macbook and when I open it I'm prompted with an update dialog. I can click Update and it will download the update and restart, but I will still get the screen telling me I have to update. I installed version 11.1.2

I followed this post: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/forum/psnow?msg=227458 to get it installed.

The only issue I'm facing is that I can't figure out how to run those commands on Mac to find the missing dependancies.

Could you try to download latest version of PS Now and install it again.
It worked for me.

When I install the latest version, I get an invisible screen.
Running Big Sur Beta with the latest CrossOver beta. Latest version of PS Now too

Hi,

did you try this command /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxfix --auto ? it installs every dependency needed by crossover. Try this command andthe last stable version of crossover.

Simone Garzieri wrote:

Hi,

did you try this command /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxfix --auto ? it
installs every dependency needed by crossover. Try this command
andthe last stable version of crossover.

Hi Simone, I'm trying to get PS Now working with the latest Crossover 20.0.1, but, as stated above, all I get is a blank screen.
What I've done so far was to install Visual C++ 2013 (both 32/64bit), Core Fonts (might be useful?), and add the x3daudio1_6, x3daudio1_7, xaudio2_6, xaudio2_7 libraries (in case more than one is needed).
I'm testing from the latest Catalina 10.15.7 and I did the same test more than a month ago with the same result, also with Crossover 19.

Thing is, how do I add dependencies to Crossover on macOS if I don't even have the /cxoffice folder inside /opt/?
I'm sure there's a lot I'm not considering and I'm always a noob when it comes to Wine, etc.

Ciao Matteo,

The game is over at least for now... With the last update ps now doesn't work anymore on both crossover 20 and 19. I'm trying to find a workaround I think I'm almost there. Okay try these steps and tell me if that works for you. The crosstie is currently offline so you have to install some predependencies yourself. Create a windows 7 32bit bottle Install core fonts and visual c++ 2013 32 bit and then manually install ps now in it,after the setup process ends do not start the app. To solve the black screen issue you have to: execute regedit in your bottle, in reg edit go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Wine==>AppDefaults right click on AppDefaults and select create a new key and name it agl.exe, right click on agl.exe and create a new key and name it Direct3D, left click on direct 3d and in the blank space right under the first string named default, predefinito in Italian, right click on the blank space and select create a string and name it renderer, right click on the created string and select edit, a pop up will open and in the bar type gdi or vulkan, try both and then close reg edit. After this the rendering problem will be gone, but psnow is unstable as of now, it loses connection very often and often crashes it takes many tries to be actually usable and it's not a sure thing. If you want to try this trick be my guest. Let me know if that helped a bit.

Ciao Simone,
Thanks for your instructions, I've done exactly what you've told me to do. Unfortunately I still get a window with just the header (or should I say the bar up-top of the window?) or a blank screen, both with "gdi" or "vulkan" typed into the "renderer" string.

Apart from that I remember about some of my previous attempts with old versions of PS Now and every game was literally a pain to play because of stutters, lags, connection issues, etc., also due to the inability to "toggle off" the usage of the laptop's graphics card from the PS Now settings (which I can do on Windows). Thanks though 😥

Ciao,

Try to set the windows version to vista.

Still nothing.

Ciao,

I think this is it... I'm out of ideas, on ubuntu I fixed the rendering issue but still crashes, on mac probably doesn't work because of Metal API... I exposed this problem in the beta center they will probably check this out. We have to wait.

Yeah it has to be a rendering issue, now I've also tried setting Windows 10 and on both the bottles (one with "gdi", the other with "vulkan"), upon starting PS Now, after the logo (psnowlauncher process), I see the entire window (agl process), not just the header, but blank/white.
If only I knew what to set on macOS as a rendering option I would try it. Thanks anyways 😉

Hi,

I have found out what is the source of the problem. It's websocket api support. Wine 5.12 introduced it, I'm running psnow on wine 5.22 staging just fine. I installed vc run 2013 in a windows 7 prefix. At first the black screen issue was still present. Setting the version to vista, after the setup process of psnow, allowed me to make it work. I'm using it right now no flaws. Crossover as far as I know lacks this feature, that's why psnow does not work.

Hi

Good news I fixed it, ps now works again. Okay the solution was to add wine 6.0 winhttp wininet and winsock dlls to crossover's bottle system 32 folder. Setting the version to vista fixes the dxgi issue, causing the black screen. I'm using it right now. I'll soon post the new and improved crosstie. Install visual c 2013, core fonts plus the wine 6 dlls and ps now will work again.

Niiiiice Simone!
I'm gonna try it today and report later, thanks a lot!

EDIT: How do I change the Wine version from the bottle to be able to add all the latest required libraries?
Also, a new update (11.3.4) has been released today.

Hi all,

Psnow works again read the instructions on my crosstie and it should be working again. I exported my bottle to an archive if you need a preview. I need some testing on macos because on linux mint it works great.

Hi Simone, thanks for the update!
I'm searching all over but where do I find the crosstie and/or the archive? 😭 😅

Hi,

It's waiting for crossover team approval, so it's going to take some time before they publish it. Don't worry though I'll give you my ol' family recipe to brew the finest psnow bottle. All you need is a windows 7 32 bit bottle (this kind and only this kind of bottle ) install in it visual c++ 2013 32 bit version of course and core fonts. After that you need to install psnow from playstation web site https://download-psnow.playstation.com/downloads/psnow/pc/latest . Once the setup process is over do not start psnow. Before you run the application go to winecfg and set windows version to vista, then run psnow, I made it work this way. On linux worked on two machines.

Hmm, I'm not sure it's gonna work, I'm pretty confident I've already tried that same combo weeks ago.
Will report later anyways.

In fact it didn't work a couple of weeks ago but now it does, at least on my linux pcs, trust me.

Tried it, still blank/white screen upon the first launch 😭

Hi,

did you set the version to vista?

Sure, I did everything as you mentioned. Big Sur 11.1 here and CrossOver 20.0.2.

ok last resource dxvk, install it and enable it

Installed DXVK from the app, just like Visual C++ and Core Fonts. Nothing changed.

Ok,

so the connection problem was solved, apparently from sony's side, on linux the rendering issue is fixed by setting the version to vista, I guess mac drivers are a total different story... I'm displeased to hear this but I think there's not much left I can do for mac, since I don't have a mac...

Nevermind Simone, thanks anyway 😉

Hello there, good fellas! Any update on runnning PS Now on macOS catalina? I've scraped the whole internet for answers and so far my way to go is VMWare with windows but obviously it just suck all the life out of my macBook. Would love to have it in Crossover.

1 to 27 of 27

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSHJBdTZCbTZVVUJuUHlQZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9