PS Now Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Stuck in boot loop

It says the Application may not function correctly in a virtual machine (VM) environment, Then I click ok and it closes PS now and relaunches with the same error. Please help.

Hi,

I'm the one who created the first psnow's crosstie for crossover. The application used to work well but due to a recent update it no longer works on crossover. Crossover 20 is based upon wine 5.0 but psnow requires a feature that was first introduced in wine 5.12 or later. This version of crossover lacks websocket api support that the latest version of ps now requires. To fix your issue you have to install visual c 2013 and core fonts, set the version to vista and you will see the log screen of psnow, but due to websocket api feature missing it will crash after a minute or so.

Hi

Good news I fixed it, ps now works again. Okay the solution was to add wine 6 winhttp wininet and winsock dlls to crossover's bottle system 32 folder. Setting the version to vista fixes the dxgi issue, causing the black screen. I'm using it right now.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic3BOd3BOVENVUENycmZxNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9