PureEdge ICS Viewer Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

PureEdge 6.5 Problem

Using CrossOver 8.0, I created a bottle and installed PureEdge Viewer 6.5. However, as the installation ended, the error message "PureEdgeAPI.ini not found" showed up. The installation continued and finished, but every time I try to open PureEdge, the same message shows up and PureEdge is not usable. The weird thing is that my buddy did the same exact install and he never got the error message and his PureEdge works great. Is there a fix?

Miguel
Mac OS X 10.5.7

Have you tried to wipe out that bottle and try the install again?

I have wiped out the bottle several times and reinstalled Cross Over a few times also, but the error message still shows up.

Where did you download the installer from? Can you post a link here?

I have PureEdge 6.5 installed from an old version of crossover that has been updated a few times. When I get a chance I'll try a fresh install.

I might be able to point to you a download link for a known good installer.

I'm unable to reproduce this problem on Mac or Linux in a fresh install using Crossover Pro 8.0.0. I'd recommend getting the installer from a different source and trying to install again. Contact me if you'd like a known good installer link.

Also, what windows version are you using for the bottle?

Ya, send me a good link for the PureEdge viewer.  I try to use Windows XP.  How do you account that my buddy used the same software as I did and he got his to work?

I really can't account for it, as it makes no sense to me.

I'd recommend downloading from this link: http://ncoschool.com/modules/downloads/singlefile.php?cid=22&lid=556

Try that installer and let me know if that works.

I can't get pure edge to download, it gets all the way to 99% and then asks me if i want to cancel the download and all it allows me to do is cancel it can you help me out?

thanks

Sorry for the delayed response Ben. I'm not sure that I can help with download problems. Can you confirm that you are still having this issue?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWUZtNVBDMmdZVVBtZmdGcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9