Quake II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Video issues (steam version)

This game runs very well at low resolutions, but at high resolutions it fails, and will start in windowed mode regardless of whether or not you set windowed mode.

Update: This issue is on windows as well, so it isn't relevant.

The game set my screen resolution to something low (dunno what it was, but it sure as hell wasn't 1680x1050; maybe 800x600), but nothing ever came up. Alt-tab showed me a 'Program Error' window - I selected it and pressed return and the game exited out. I had to use xrandr to re-set my screen res.

At least the Windows Steam version is broken too. That soothes the pain a little :p

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV2RaYXFDSjlDWVpOc3BKMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9