Quake Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I don't think Quake deserves Gold

I tried running the steam version of gl quake on my mac, and admittedly it runs perfectly at low resolutions, but it fails completely at high resolutions, or in widescreen. I don't want to sound critical or anything as I love crossover, and fully support everything the project stands for, I just disagree with the medal awarded.

Thank you very much for taking the time to change the rating based on my feedback, that really feels great.

Our(CodeWeaver's) rating is untested, and the Advocate's ratings are their decisions. Different ratings often reflect issues that depend on the system, like different graphics drivers or different MacOS versions. Some issues are driver specific problems unfortunately.

I found that the inability to set resolutions the game supposedly supports using the steam version of glquake is also a problem when playing on windows, so in that sense i guess it now deserves a gold. However, the fact that regular quake doesnt' work still makes it a silver in my personal opinion.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTXdGZ3B0YkN3WVhSckJKRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9