QuickBooks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

QuickBooks compatibility would be a big plus for CrossOver

As a longtime Mac user who's never had -- and would prever to avoid -- any experience with Windows (and would really like to see "Bug 1" conclusively fixed), but occasionally would like to run some obscure Windows software (such as a Tibetan dictionary), I am very interested in the possibilities offered by CrossOver Mac.

I haven't tried CrossOver yet for my own purposes, but in the meantime, as a Mac support provider I've run into several cases where business clients need to use QuickBooks, which seems to have a monopoly on serious, business-level bookkeeping, but whose Mac version is famously inferior to its Windows version. Apple's switch to Intel makes it possible to run the "real" QuickBooks on a Mac, but at present also at the cost of running the "full catastrophe" of Windows (complete with Big Brother and endless security problems) alongside Mac OS, which for most users is just not worth the trouble (or simply beyond what they can handle).

Thus I'd like to add my voice to encourage CrossOver's developers to take a special look at working on QuickBooks compatibility, which I'm guessing might be rather difficult, but which I believe will provide -- once CrossOver allows the ordinary, non-tech user to run Windows QuickBooks easily in the Mac environment (and the word gets out -- and I'll certainly help with that) -- a good, steady revenue stream to support CrossOver's work.

(I see several other posts here presenting essentially the same message, some of them unfortunately flavored with the sort of discourteous attitude that is all too common in Internet forums. CrossOver is a great idea, so far a great implementation, and I hope to see it continue to grow.)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZzNyR0hDTU51ZVc2WWR0SCIsImdkcHIiOjB9