Quicken 2004 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

3 weeks impression

Hi everyone
It is now three weeks since I completely dumped windows for quicken. I have been completely on linux managing 6 CC, 1 bank account and 6 investment accounts including options and 401K. Works beautifully across all functions. All my accounts are enabled for online access, and that works great as well. The only painful part I have seen so far is that when I reconcile an account, Quicken minimizes the reconcile window each time a transaction is clicked on. So sometimes it is a pain to walk through all the transactions, if quicken does not get the ones to reconcile correctly.

Naren

It's not pretty over here. My Quicken 2004 data became horribly corrupt on Crossover Office 3.0 / RedHat 9.0. The worst part was that it didn't start acting funny with online transactions until over a month of Linux only use. Some online transactions started to fail, then the online setup became completely unusable with errors connecting to my financial instituions. At this point I had added enough transactions that going back to the more than 1 month old backup file was not preferred. I tried all of the automatic-backup copies Quicken generated while under Crossover and they too had similar issues. Depending on the age of backup file, the problems were progressively worse. I tried to move the data files to a Windows box to recover them and get online connections working again but I had no success. The Validate and Super-Validate tools showed the database was not corrupt, but any account that once had an online connection would no longer reconcile along with not downloading new transactions.

I eventually went back to the Windows only version with the oldest "safe" backup and all was well. It took me a while to put the data back in but the file works for all online connections and there are no problems reconciling accounts.

I hope your experience is more stable than mine. Please be careful with your backups.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNEJ3a3ZiTmhGcGZMZ2tLSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9