Quicken 2004 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installation of download version
Anonymous

I managed to install the download version of Quicken 2004 UK following the steps below:

1. Used a clean install of CXOffice 3.01 (trial version)
  2. Installed DCOM95
  3. Installed IE6
  4. Installed the downloaded Quicken .exe file as unsupported application.

I tried to install it using the Quicken entry in the supported applications list, but that didn't work. Installshield complained about Microsoft Active Accessibility components or something like that. Installing it as an unsupported application using the default windows version worked immediately.

Regards,
Arjan

I finally managed to get the download version of Quicken 2004 HB installed, but it wasn't easy! First, on my Windows machine, I used WinRAR to extract the single .exe file to the component parts. Then I did the following to get it to install.

1. Installed DCOM98
  2. Copied the files for the install to the fake_windows partition in their own folder.
  3. Ran the setup from CXOffice Setup using a non-supported install.
  4. Used the alternate folder for installation I created in fake_windows.
  5. Let Quicken install the needed files and reboot.

The application, including registration and transaction download worked fine after the fact. The primary failures 1628 and 1608 are due to the installer failing to register the IDRIVER.EXE file that installshield uses for the installation. This is remedied by the install of DCOM98 and running the install from the fake_windows partition.

My Linux install is Fedora Core 1 and I have IE6 SP1 and Office 2000 installed.

What version of CXOffice are you using?

Version 5.0 install should work from the menu and it installs DCOM95 (not 98) and does successfully install the IDRIVER.EXE during installation.

I'm using Kubuntu (Breezy) with IE 6.0 installed -- though the install works even without IE 6.0 but movies and registration don't work.

Just for others' reference, you can get an unrar program for linux here: <a href="http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/Software/53000/unRAR.html">http://poetryproject.net/ospp/viewtopic.php?p=319#319</a>

That will save you a trip into Windows and make life easier for people who don't share drive space between the two os's.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRVp5Q1doWEJUTnpUM3ZiViIsImdkcHIiOjB9