Quicken 2004 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Initial Impressions

It is slow - specifically the display part. Graphs and screen updates are very slow. I have a 750 Mhz PIII Laptop with 512MB memory. This is my first attempt at Quicken on wine, so do not know if this is always the issue.

I did get one hang. When I went to a security detail view, I was not able to close it and get to the main window. Had to reset cxoffice.

I was able to download quotes for my investments using one step update. However I could not register, as Quicken has problems loading the web browser. I do have office 2000 and IE 6.0SP1 installed.

Screen updates are also slow. Most screens seem to be drawn multiple times. For example I changed from my portfolio page to the quotes page, and it was drawn 3 times and this produces a very jerky change, including the problem that initially parts of the old page overlap with the new page. After the final re-draw, the display looks correct.

But for the most part things work well. No errors so far.

Naren Sankar

Anonymous

That's quite the understatement. It's DOG slow!

It installed file in Mandrake 10.1 with CrossOver 4.1, but man, the drawing of those graph is insanely slow! I have a 3 GHz P4 and I can see each line being drawn. It probably takes 15-20 seconds to draw an expense graph for the last 4 years.

The investment page is almost useless because the pie charts are drawn over and over again.

Very dissapointed for something that is supposedly rated silver. I'd say this is barely bronze.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYVUyTjdUTVZ2eHZQdXBzNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9