Quicken 2004 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

installation fails

For me, all installation attempts

• automatic /mnt/cdrom
  • manual /mnt/cdrom/install.exe
  • manual /mnt/cdrom/autorun/autorun.exe
  • manual /mnt/cdrom/disk1/setup.exe

all die

They all crash out of installshield with the error

1628: Failed to finish installation

I'd classify this as unsupported

I'm curious as to why it installed for the other person though, and not for me

Same behavior here on Gentoo. The default installation using the cxoffice setup script for quicken fails.

But I manged to get it installed. I made two changes - don't know which one actually worked -

1. Changed to run in a desktop window of 800x600.
  2. Did an unsupported app install by running /mnt/cdrom/disk1/qsetup.exe in default (os version) mode.

It first had to install /mnt/cdrom/disk1/msaa20/setup.exe and then exited. (it was supposed to reboot, but did not). I manually rebooted windows.Then I re ran /mnt/cdrom/disk1/qsetup.exe and bingo - quicken 2004 premier installed. There are a few errors in the install screen - some parts of the display get obscured.

All I have tried so far is to restore my backup file from 2002 deluxe with over 5 years of my finance (8MB file) and that works correctly. I will post more as I try stuff out.

Naren

Oops, the forum is not threaded. This was in reply to Chris Ricker's post. Also just finished importing 40000 items without any errors. Looks good so far.

Naren

Anonymous

I am getting the same exact problem with Quicken 2004 Deluxe (1628: Failed to finish installation while running a program "IDRIVER.EXE").

I am successfully running IE6SP1 having installed it through CxOffice 2.1 (12 days left on demo) on Fedora Core 1.

I tried finding the other program mentioned in one of the replies to you, but could not locate it (perhaps it was a "Premier" part).

I do not have MS Office installed and I wonder if this is related in any fashion to the inability to get this installed????

Anyone have any other suggestions? Or perhaps have a timeline on 3.0 which reportedly is going to support this verison of Quicken?? If 3.0 is close and does support 2004, I would most likely pony up before the twelve days is up....

--Rob

I'm still unable to install Quicken 2004 using all the methods prescribed above on either Fedora Core 1 or Fedora Core 2 Test 2.

No matter what I try, I get the 1628 error. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Pankaj

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVkVQNU5IS0drTjZoZHNjUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9