Quicken 2004 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MacBook Pro Quicken 2004 Install Report

Introduction:

This is a brief description of my 6Sep06 experience installing Crossover Mac 6.0.0 beta and Microsoft Quicken 2004 on a MacBook Pro. The installation was successful. After two days, only the known minor bugs have been encountered. All is well.

Background:

I've used Quicken Personal software for more than ten years and switched (in Jun06) from Windows XP to Mac OS X 10.4.7 on a MacBook Pro. Quicken was the major hindrance to switching to Mac. The Mac version of Quicken (even the 2007 version) is missing many of the best features of MS Quicken (it's years behind) and Mac Quicken does a poor job of importing MS Quicken files. (See quicken.com discussion). The CrossOver Mac option appears much more attractive than Parallels, or BootCamp. I've read the background material at WineHQ and the CrossOver Quicken 2004 discussion page.

Experience:

1. Downloaded and installed the Crossover Mac software and followed the instruction to install the X11 graphics component from my Mac software disks.

2. Inserted my Quicken 2004 Premier disk and follow the Crossover autoinstall path.

Note1: There are at least three other install paths: Pull down menu, bottle config, double click quicken install icon.

Note2: Used the default bottle type: “Win98”. Don't know the implications of using win2000 or XP.

3. Based on a note from the “Tips and Tricks” page. I installed MS Internet Explorer from my Quicken install disk. It's version 5.5. Should probably find version 6.0 and install it.

Note3: The install reported "failed" but IE seems to work. The error message was related to a “Java package" failing to open.

4. Crossover rebooted the “bottle” environment then brought the Quicken Install "pop up" again. Selected install Quicken. The Quicken installer reported "... missing application ...". Selected "OK" and Crossover restart the environment again. It apparently installed the "Windows installer" software.

5. At the Quicken Installer "pop up", as in step #4, selected install Quicken.

This time the familiar installation process began. There was a somewhat long delay

(>2 minutes) period of unresponsiveness after the progress meter reached 100% but the OS X Finder window with the quicken files did finally appear.

1. Double clicked the quicken icon, and install my quicken files.

2. Immediately encountered the first two known bugs. The initial quicken browser either doesn't open or the window appears too small and must be resized. Graphs take longer than expected time to draw.

3. Completed download from a quicken connect bank account, a credit card account, and a mutual fund with no problem.

4. Reviewed reports and graphs. All appears as expected.

This looks promising! 😀

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ3NVeXV4UGg3V0xtc2R3cCIsImdkcHIiOjB9