Quicken 2004 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Richard
Anonymous

I can't get Quicken 2004 to install. I bought and downloaded a self extracting Zip file and did not get the CD. Can it be installed from a self extracting zip?

Anonymous

This is Richard again. I mis-spoke, it is a single install file qw04dlx.exe

Hi all,

I also purchased the download edition from the Quicken website and got a self-extracting executable.

I've tried several variations of the install, but keep running into the Error: 1628 from InstallShield as mentioned in earlier posts. Since I don't have a CD copy, the workaround doesn't help me.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

PS. I'm running Mandrake 10.0 Official.

Thanks,
-Kev

Kev,

I was able to finally install from teh self-extracting executable. I had to install Internet Explorer 6.0 first and then the install proceeded succesfully.

Also install true type fonts for all child windows in Quicken to display properly. I am using KDE, and I had to install these fonts in KDE as well as Crossover to get the proper displays. This assumes you have access to the fonts from a Windows installation, which I still had on another hard drive.

There is also a tip somewhere in this forum about copying over a registration file so the annoying registration dialogue does not popup in Quicken. This assumes you have previously registered Quicken under Windows and still have access to the file. If this is a new Quicken installation under Linux I assume you can register directly from the program. Good luck

Success!!

I installed IE as suggested, but this didn't do the trick. I initially didn't install Media Player that IE wanted to install with it and thought that was maybe the problem. I installed Media Player and then also started wondering if the 2.6 kernel could be the problem.

Anyway, I booted a 2.4 kernel and the install worked. Now I changed a couple of variables there so I'm not sure which fixed the problem. I probably should go back and figure out which was the problem, but for all problems I had getting it installed I'm not keen on removing it again.

I also booted with the 2.6 kernel and Q2004 runs great.... so I'm sailing now :^)

Thanks for the help.
-Kev

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNUpuM1Z5dWdBWVpnN0xGYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9