Quicken 2004 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Office 3 and 1628 errors

For those of you who were experiencing the "1628" error with Quicken 2004 under Crossover Office 2.1, Crossover Office 3 appears to solve the problem. I just did an install and it went flawlessly:

start cxsetup
insert quicken 2004 deluxe cd
select quicken from the cxsetup supported apps list
tell it to use the cd in the default location

and it all just worked! 😉

Once installed, it works quite well. There are lots of cosmetic things, like text overflowing buttons and such, but so far all the functionality (including registration and online update) is there

I followed the instructions above. I'm running Crossover Office 3.0 on Fedora Core 1. I've tried both in my old Crossover Office environment (with IE and other software already installed) and in a fresh installation on a new user account (with nothing but the default 'fake_windows'). Unfortunately I'm getting the "1628" error trying to install Quicken 2004 Premier through cxsetup. The installation seemed to work in my old environment by running "cxoffice/bin/wine autorun/autorun.exe" but that gave me a very unstable/unusable Quicken installation (OLB errors and frequent crashes).

Is there something else I should try? Any dependencies I'm missing outside of the instructions above (any other software to install first)?

Thanks,
Jason

Ah nevermind. Looks like you have to at least install "Internet Explorer 6" on a fresh Crossover installation to get Q2004 to work. Everything I'm trying in Quicken seems to be working like a charm now!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZTNIZFJybUxNNndtZ0NkVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9