Quicken 2004 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Anonymous

I've seen a bunch of proposed solutions for the 1628 error with the Quicken 2004 download, but I'm still getting the error.

Suse 9.1
Crossover 3.0.0 trial (I'm not going to pay for this unless it works first)
IE6 full install

replying to my own post now that I've created an account so I can track replies

Three questions:

1: Are you using the downloaded version?

2: At what point in the process do you get the error? (I've seen it occur in a couple of different places)

3: What distro are you using?------Strikethrough------- :) Brain fart...

Like I said in my original post, I'm using the Quicken 2004 download on Suse 9.1.

I get the 1628 right after the Install Shield finishes scrolling the horizontal blue bar with the title Preparing To Install above it.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I had similar difficulty. Try copying the installation program somewhere in fake_windows, and invoke it using the command line like (renaming where appropriate):

~/cxoffice/bin/wine "C:\Temp\qwsetup.exe"

This got me farther than any other method I tried under Mandrake 10.0. If that doesn't work, then I suggest getting the download refunded and buying a cd. I just did that the other day, and quicken installed flawlessly on the first attempt (depending on where you shop, you can find cd's for cheaper than download).

Anonymous

Have you gotten any further with Quicken 2004 under SuSE 9.1? I'm running into the same problems you are.

I've tried all of the suggestions and tips I could find on this website, to no avail. I'm loading from the CD, so I don't this the problem is downloaded version of Quicken vs. CD version, but probably something in SuSE 9.1 causing the problems.

Thanks for the update,

Bill Blaney

I am using Mandrake 10.1 and was attempting to install Quicken 2004 H&B from the CD. I continually got the 1628 error.

This is what worked for me:

1. Fresh CXOffice install
  2. Complete IE6 install
    3.Copy Quicken CD to ~/.cxoffice/dotwine/fake_windows/temp/qinstall
  3. chmod +x -R ~/.cxoffice/dotwine/fake_windows/temp/qinstall
  4. run the installer from the CMD Line by: ~/cxoffice/bin/wine "C:\Temp\qinstall\install.exe"

and it installed for me.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidmV4Sk5xYjlGWXI2dFpTYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9